FOR THE TOMATOES:
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE BREAD:
- 1 large baguette, sliced ¼" thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
1. Make marinated tomatoes: In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes. Add garlic and oil from skillet and toss to combine. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast bread: Preheat oven to 400°. Brush bread on both sides lightly with oil and place on large baking sheet. Toast bread until golden, 10 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through. Let bread cool for 5 minutes, then rub tops of bread with halved garlic cloves.
4. Spoon tomatoes on top of bread just before serving.